What personal information do we collect?
‘Personally Identifiable Information’ (“PII”) is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. “Personal Data” is any information relating to you or that we can otherwise link to you. The Personal Data that we collect, and use may include:
• basic information, such as your name, your employer, your title or position;
• contact information, such as your postal or physical address, email address and phone number(s);
• information you provide to us for the purpose of attending meetings and events;
• details of your meetings held with representatives of STS;
• any other information which you may provide to us.
How do we obtain your Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide to us, for example when:
• you communicate with us via e-mail or other channels;
• when you or one of your team members signs you up for our Deal Summary, news alerts or other materials;
• when you join us at a workshop or event;
• when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with representatives of STS or registering on the private Deal Summary area of our website.
In some cases, your Personal Data has been supplemented by information retrieved from other sources, including searches via publicly available search engines and sector-specific newsletters for the purpose of sharing relevant business information with you.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We only use your Personal Data in connection with our ordinary professional activities. We use that information for communication purposes, including:
• to send you our Deal Summary, news alerts or other information;
• to send you invitations to workshops and events;
• to manage and administer our relationship with you and to personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content in which you are most interested;
• to maintain our list of contacts;
• to fulfil our legal, regulatory obligations;
• or any purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the personal data to STS.
Why do we process your Personal Data and on what legal basis?
As set out above we process your Personal Data for communication purposes. We rely on our legitimate interests in maintaining business relationships and communicating with you as a business contact, about STS transaction activities and events. We consider that our legitimate interests are in compliance with internationally approved and accepted, applicable laws/Regulation and your legal rights and freedoms.
Where is your Personal Data stored?
STS is a Barbados organisation and all your Personal Data is processed and stored on secure servers. We do not use any third-party mailing systems and therefore do not share your data externally.
Third Party Disclosure
We never sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. If and when you express a particular interest in one of the transactions mentioned we may, as appropriate, share your details with the other party, but only with your expressed permission.
Third Party Links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data will be saved for the specified purposes mentioned above for as long as you are a business contact to us. You can unsubscribe at any time, if you no longer wish to receive communications and invitations from STS. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will cease to send you such communication and invitations as mentioned above.
STS has implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss and to safeguard against access by unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction. Personal Data may be stored on our own technology systems or in paper files.
In order to be in line with internationally recognised and accepted fair information practices, we commit to notify users within 7 business days should a data breach occur.
The Regulation and other applicable international data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also request a copy. You are also entitled to have incorrect Personal Data about you corrected and you may in some cases ask us to delete your Personal Data. You can also object to certain Personal Data about you being processed and request that processing of your Personal Data be limited. Please note that the limitation or deletion of your Personal Data may mean we will be unable to provide the communications and invitations described above. You also have the right to receive your Personal Data in a machine-readable format and have the data transferred to another party responsible for data processing. If you disagree with how we process your Personal Data, you are also entitled to report this to the competent supervisory authorities within your jurisdiction.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you have any questions about how we process your Personal Data, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
STS Capital Partners
Cedar Court, Ground Floor
Wildey Business Park
Wildey, St. Michael
If you do not wish to receive further copies of the Deal Summary or news alerts, communications or invitations as above from STS, please email us with “Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.