OUR GLOBAL TEAM
STS has a presence in multiple cities across North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Justin has been a senior partner and leader at some of Canada’s most prestigious national and international law firms.
He has been recognized as one of Canada‘s leading lawyers specializing in fraud litigation restructuring and corporate governance.
In addition, he has been a partner in an M&A firm in London, UK, and has been a founder of two funds in the sub-debt and distressed industries.
Justin is an Honorary Colonel with the Canadian Forces and was a Commissioner of the Ontario Racing Commission to help restructure and to merge the Commission into the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission.
A prolific author and past editor of the National Insolvency Review, Justin has published numerous articles.
He is the author of the Canadian chapter in International Insolvency: Jurisdictional Comparisons (J. William Boone, Ed.) and in Debt Restructuring: An Alternative to Insolvency Proceedings, European Lawyer Reference.
Affiliations, Awards and Civic Engagement
- Past Vice chair international Bar Association insolvency Restructuring Committee
- Past Board Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Advocates Society of Canada
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Recipient of the Queen in Right of Canada’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for Public Service
- Appointed honorary Lieutenant colonel to the 33 signals Regiment and then subsequently as Hon. Lieutenant Colonel to the Toronto Scottish Regiment (the Queen Mother’s own) by the Minister of Defence of CANADA
- Recognized by International Who’s Who Top Litigation Lawyer CANADA
- Recognized by Martindale Hubbell and Chambers Global as top corporate and litigation counsel
- Recognized by Lexpert Magazine as top litigation and business lawyer as well as top 100 most creative lawyers in Canada
- Recognized by Acquisition International and Advisory Excellence as one of Canada’s top insolvency and restructuring counsel
- Recognized by ACO Global as one of Canada’s top governance lawyers.
- Past vice chairman of the Education committee of the North American Turnaround Management Association
- Past Board member of the Commercial Finance Association
- Awarded Canadian Para Wings
- Knight Commander of the Order of Saint George