We are very proud to have been recognized by our industry peers with the Telecom Deal of the Year award.
STS Capital Partners is a proud recipient of the Telecom Deal of the Year Award, presented by M&A Advisor in New York on Nov. 17, 2015. The Awards are widely respected as a pinnacle of achievement in the M&A industry, celebrating the contributions and achievements of leading firms and professionals.
We are very proud of our team and the incredible result that we delivered for our client, a wireless retailer. Over a 20-month period, STS advised on the strategic roll-up and planned exit strategy, bringing multiple potential buyers to the table, and significantly elevated the value of the business by strategically managing a soft auction. Our client’s expectations were significantly surpassed, with the final transaction at 700% of his original expected value.
Deal Best Practices:
- Started with owners’ required and preferred outcomes.
- Set a stretch objective for the transaction.
- In this case, implemented a roll-up strategy first – to leverage platform synergies.
- Brought international strategic investors to the table; and sought to understand their priorities/what they valued.
- Focused on which strategic business drivers could be leveraged to maximize value of the company in their eyes.
- Created a soft auction – and kept pressing the market even when we thought we had a deal.
- Structured the deal to minimize cash requirements.
- Each of the merged entities will benefit from leveraging the accretive synergies and respective strengths.
- By maximizing value, we helped our client transform business success into personal significance.